Coming Soon: Eco-Film Series 2017
After a fantastic 2016 Eco-Film Series, we’d like to take a second to thank you all for coming out to our film screenings this year! We’ll be revealing a new lineup soon enough, so stay tuned by joining our e-newsletter, or by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
We’d like to thank our sponsors over the year, as well as our hosts Film.Ca Cinema’s, The Green Eatery, The Milton Sports Center, Burlington Central Library, and the Italian Canadian Club of Milton. And of course, to our most gracious funding from the Ontario Trillium Foundation, which has helped us expand this program more than we could have imagined. We are more than appreciative to have such wonderful partners for our screenings, and we can’t wait to continue having these great events!
- Over the holiday season, we want to encourage our participants to be mindful of their consumption. In a time where everyone is in the giving mood, let’s ensure that we reduce our environmental impact by following a few simple tips!
- Make hand-made goods or baked treats instead of purchasing presents Use reusable wrapping, like gift bags such as these.
- Give the gift of experiences by planning a special outing with loved ones instead of buying toys, knick knacks, etc..
- We all want to make sure our guests are fed but preparing too much food can add to our already outstanding food waste problem in Halton. Load up on reusable containers or ask friends to bring their own to pack up the leftovers!
- If you must shop, spend time at local handmade markets for unique gifts, helping local sustainable businesses by purchasing from them instead of large manufacturers.
Be safe and enjoy this holiday season! Keep up to date with Halton Green Screens because we’ll be back at Film.Ca for January 9th with an award winning documentary! For any information on our volunteer opportunities, school programming, or potential films, please feel free to contact me at (905) 466-3939 or by email at Chantelle@Haltongreenscreens.ca.