Movie in the Forest: The Jungle Book
Movie In The Forest 2016 is a free outdoor movie event in support of the Oakville Fare Share Food Bank. This year, Halton Green Screen’s is proud to partner in presenting Disney’s The Jungle Book! Bring a blanket, a donation to the food bank and join us for a night under the canopy of Forster Park!
Based on the novel by Rudyard Kipling, The Jungle Book tells the tale of a boy raised by a family of wolves since birth. Mowgli must leave the only home he’s ever known when the fearsome tiger Shere Khan unleashes his mighty roar. Guided by a no-nonsense panther and a free-spirited bear, the young boy meets an array of jungle animals, including a slithery python and a smooth-talking ape. Along the way, Mowgli learns valuable life lessons as his epic journey of self-discovery leads to fun and adventure.
Here’s a link for a map to the park: Click here
As mentioned, this event is free to the public but we do ask that you bring a food donation to support the Oakville Fare Share Food Bank. Check out the this link to see what is most needed.
Your support helps bring resources to those who need it most and we thank you for your generosity!
How will YOU stay green this summer!
Here are a few ways you can commit to staying eco-friendly for this event (and others!):
- Carpool, walk, bike or take public transit
- Bring reusable mugs & water bottles for refreshments
- Halton Green Screens will be providing popcorn! Bring your own bowl for a waste-free snack!
- Don’t forget your bug repellent! Check out this link for natural alternatives to chemicals and aerosol sprays!
- Always carry an extra canvas bag with you; you never know when you’ll need one!